pl620-4WD

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

is that your new addition??

Wow, nice lineup! I didn't know you had a 4 door? Did you just primer it?

4 door is from a friend that I'm helping out.

One of this weekend, will pull all my Datsuns and take pictures

Picture of the engine bay

How can I verify if it's a 4WD dealer install option?

This will be opposite of what I've been doing, going to lift it up a bit more and taller tires

4wd-620006.jpg

Love it

looks mean

Need advise on lift kit, wheels and tire combo

Not use to doing lifted trucks, this is my first one that's running.

How many variation of 4wd did the dealer use?

I've seen ones with the Warn hub and I think what I have is made by Dana diff. Front cross member has been removed and a transfer case is installed.

Then there's the 2 gear levers for the 4wd and low gears. I've yet to figure that how to use it.

4wd-620032.jpg

Edited by pl521sss

if you shoot a better pick of the front diff i can tell you which one it is.

lifting the truck more is easy. in this case, i would remove all the leaf springs and take them to a custom leaf spring shop, they should not charge you more than 250 to do all four of them. expect to gain about 1 to 2 inches more this way. you can always buy a lift kit, but i doubt any body makes it.

the other way to get more lift from the front is to do a spring over conversion. that is move the spring on top of the alxe housing as opposed to under the housing, which is what you have.

what ever route you go, you are going to have to spend some money on some good drive shafts. if you lift the it too much, you have to get a cv drive shaft other wise you are going to run in to binding and vibrations.

if i were you, i would keep the lift right where it's at.

remember, in the world of four wheel drive, the smaller the tire the less parts you break. from the picks, i'm guessing that the tires you have now are 31's or 30's. if you have a heavy foot and like to throttle it up dirt climbs and rocks, stick with no more than 31's. if you drive more consertive, you can possibly get away with running 32 and maybe 33's.

why don't you sell it to me?

if you shoot a better pick of the front diff i can tell you which one it is.

lifting the truck more is easy. in this case, i would remove all the leaf springs and take them to a custom leaf spring shop, they should not charge you more than 250 to do all four of them. expect to gain about 1 to 2 inches more this way. you can always buy a lift kit, but i doubt any body makes it.

the other way to get more lift from the front is to do a spring over conversion. that is move the spring on top of the alxe housing as opposed to under the housing, which is what you have.

what ever route you go, you are going to have to spend some money on some good drive shafts. if you lift the it too much, you have to get a cv drive shaft other wise you are going to run in to binding and vibrations.

if i were you, i would keep the lift right where it's at.

remember, in the world of four wheel drive, the smaller the tire the less parts you break. from the picks, i'm guessing that the tires you have now are 31's or 30's. if you have a heavy foot and like to throttle it up dirt climbs and rocks, stick with no more than 31's. if you drive more consertive, you can possibly get away with running 32 and maybe 33's.

why don't you sell it to me?

Can sell you my Patrol

Relinquishing my interest on it

What would be interesting is to mate the Patrol frame on to 620 or 521 body. Heck, why not a 410 wagon.

Thanks for the advise

Will keep the ride height as is

Want new wheels and thinking of these ones

images.ashx?i=PXA8069_RT.jpg&partNo=PXA&w=145&h=145

or this one

images.ashx?i=PXA8179.jpg&partNo=PXA&w=200&h=200

• 7 years later...