521 tachometer

tdaaj

were these trucks avalable with an optional tach? i think i heard something awhile ago saying they did. but there was no description of what it would have looked like. i've found a 521 that i'm trying to get ahold of, for the right price,.

the pros: has a/c, locking glove box, nice hood w/emblem, tachometer,nice bed, almost perfect front stainless, nice head light doors and thats about it.

the cons: completely rusted out, bad front fenders, no carb with engine exposed to weather, broken windshield, no floors, ugly dash, crappy door panels, dented doors, smashed tailgate and this is what i can remember from a week and a half ago.

anyways, the guy wants $500 for it. its at a wrecking yard that only gets crush pile turn over. not a very busy place. i offered $200 cash on the spot, said it was worth more in scrap. i began to argue, truck weighs in at what 1900#s? so $150 a ton right now at max(i think a friend of mine told me it was around $80 right now) he wouldn't even get what i offered. i just don't get people.

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

does anyone here think my offer of $200 was fair?

also fsm?

Way more than fair! Get pissed off much??? I hate greedy pricks, go back in a few weeks, if it's gone, it's meant to be. If it's still there, offer him $100. If he doesn't take it at least you've said 'fuck you' to him. Try again in another week with a $75 offer (last chance) settle for $110-$130 or walk.

I have a really old 510/521 manual (Haynes/Chiltons dunnow, no covers) it also shows a clock on the electrical diagram, no extra wires from the distributer.

even if you couldn't find a working clock, the pod for one would look sweet with an aftermarket tach in it. i bought my 620 clock for the clear cone lense. after messing around a bit i got the clock to actually work. you wouldn't believe how loud the motor and clock works are. i figuire that i'll wait 'till it dies before i put in a tach.