Truck guys might get mad..

Beau M

I'm going to chop this gate I just picked up and replace my rear. The good news is that South End Auto Wrecking in Renton has a nice bullet side x-cab pickup with decent parts on it. Wish me luck, I've never done anything like this before.

Day8014.jpg

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Between school, work, the wife and military reserves, I dont get much time to play with the project, so it may go kinda slow. I already have the old rear chopped out, so maybe by next weekend I will have it tacked in. Thanks for the support guys, it helps me get motivated.

I love the DATSUN name so much that I swipe all the fender badges I can find. Even the D from a 200sx hood, anything. It's the main reason for wanting a box to replace my flat bed, so that everyone behind me will say, "Datsun? who makes those?" And Oh Yeah to that idea.

I'm going to chop this gate I just picked up and replace my rear. The good news is that South End Auto Wrecking in Renton has a nice bullet side x-cab pickup with decent parts on it. Wish me luck, I've never done anything like this before.

Day8014.jpg

oh, didn't see the gate at first. I thought you were gonna put part of a pickup bed on the back of your Z car. :D I hear its been done before. Kewl Idea. can't wait to see it when its done

I don't have too many pics of it...I'll see what I can dig up

Here's a few Branson Z Fest 07

BransonPictures2084.jpg

BransonPictures2082.jpg

BransonPictures2071.jpg

BransonPictures2066.jpg

Basically a guy cut up a perfectly good 240 and made this "track" car/truck out of it...And when I say perfect, I mean I couldn't find a spec of rust anywhere under this thing...a shame really. But it makes for a great conversation piece..lol

I think it could be done to look cool, use photo shop and see how it turns out. I tried to think of somewhere to weld the tail gate metal to as well. The good perhaps..

Well, I dug in today. Honestly, the more I get into this, the more I realize that I know very little about metal and body work. I'm trying my best to not screw this car up, but guess its a learning experience. Here is where I'm at:

Day10001.jpg

Day10021.jpg

Day10023.jpg

Day10024.jpg

If you have any tips, or want to come over and show me WTF I'm doing, feel free :)