1968-73 fiberglass 510 parts

• Replies 163
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I lay these parts up myself. Thinking about adding the inner structure at an added price. Yes the skins are quite flexible at 11 lbs for a hood,great for racing applications. If a person wanted added strength and stock mounting points you could simply grind out the skeleton of an old hood or trunk lid and epoxy it to the skin. If you look at the cost of an out of the box hood or trunk lid ready to bolt on,I think you will agree you can save some serious cash,which was my whole idea an economical alternative,and stock looking.

• Like 1

Sorry no air dams or spoilers,working on a stock lower front valance at the moment. There are a lot of what you are looking for out there.Now have dobi style airdams 100.00$ to 175.00$ depending on trimming and materials.

• Like 1
  • 1 month later...

I will be at the show in Canby on the 13th and 14th. Will be bringing my fiberglass parts along with some of the new front valances I have just made. If you have been thinking about fiberglass replacements this would be a good time to take a look. No shipping saves $$$$$$$$.:D

jefe de jefes,

If you are looking for 510 Airdams, FutoFab has the BRE Spook and the DOBI style airdams available.

Here is an un-solicited reveiw of the FutoFab Orange Line 510 Spook:

http://tinyurl.com/mupfnp

We offer all of our parts in gelcoat fiberglass (Orange Line), FG/epoxy and CF/epoxy.

Take a look at our website.

• Like 1

Futo-fab is one of the companys I looked at when pricing competitors parts.Eventually I will make spoilers and air-dams. I offer an alternative to the high priced glass parts. You can spend 400.00$ on a hood or 150.00$ for mine and fabricate your own mounts if so desired.Choices are good I offer a less expensive way to go. kevin

Kevin,

It is great to see you looking over the marketplace, knowing where others are at and what they are doing. This is what is great about the free market system. Everyone gets to choose what they feel is the correct way to do business, what to offer customers and where to set pricing points to buy or sell at. FutoFab has chosen to use high quality molds and outsource the actual fabrication work to a dedicated and experienced composite shop to produce what we feel is a top level product. We realize that this may not be the

• 4 weeks later...

send me a "Rising Sun" Hood and if it fits good Ill promote your product for FREE and show everybody.

But As Jeff Hino says.He hasnt seen a good fiberglass hood that was worth a shit unless you pay alot.

I prefer a bolt on Hood. with all hardware installed and braces.

but believe me i like when people make this new fiberglass stuff as hoods and valances are gettinga little harder to find in some areas. But I find alot of people complain they never fit good as a stock hood you can find on the side of a house for 50$. Jeff seems to find them. he just got another 510 for free rust free!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Edited by banzai510(hainz)

Eventually I plan on making fenders. I just started these parts last summer. There is a lot of time and effort into these molds. I am almost done with the first complete hood we we see how it fits. My expectations are a perfect fit being as stock oem parts used for molds. I am more than happy to answer any questions.Oh! and the guy who wants a hood for free. Send me a rising sun stencil for the hood and I'll give you a discount.

I have my hoods outsourced to Dillion510(Franks Boy) for Rising sun paint jobs now.

Frank and Jeff are in Everett.

let them see it and if they are good as you say they will them for customer cars. I dont about there own but If these are good you should go by there sometime.

My hood is about near to flip over on me as it rotted underneath where the latch is spot welded to the buckel.

about 65mph you can see the hood lift about a 1/8th in front and shakes like a mother fucker!!!!!!!!!!!!! Be honest hood pins will solve this proplem

But I think car look better w/o hood pins

Edited by banzai510(hainz)

Have been by there quite a few times,know Frank and Jeff. Like I said should be done with the first hood very soon,there will be no shaking or twisting in the wind. Im with you hood pins are fine for race cars but I like stock looking.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.