new guy

Roostmonkey

Hello, new guy here. Been a z guy for along time and now starting an SR20det swap into a 521 PU. Ive seen some great info on this swap within this site so here I am. Thanks in advance for any help I get from you guys, lord knows I'm gonna need it.Heres a pic of my 70 240 with an 81 turbo motor dynoing at 326 whp and a slew of other mods.

DSCN0111.jpg

• Replies 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Shady, I'm on Hybrid all the time. After I finish the SR swap, I have an RB26 to swap into my Z. The RB is on the stand and Ive been collecting go fast parts to build it to 450-500 whp.This L28 engine will eventually go in my 72 510 2 door and will be a track only car. I'm going to be very busy the next couple of years.

DSCN0160.jpg

bleach i think he means he's collecting RB parts to make the RB 500+hp

an monkey, my trucks flat black.. and a 620.. with different wheels.. how they look alike i have no clue, but they're both datsuns so thats all that matters, i'd hump your car and your truck... HOW U LIKE THAT?? "Smack"

lol

lynch, your a horney little bastard...you just stay away from my rides. Your avatar looks like its grey with chrome wheels thats the similarity. As for the 450-500 whp, I was talking about the RB. I'm going to run a Wolf v500 EMS. My L28 dynoed at 326 whp with a Wolf 3D v4 EMS, a T04E at 13 psi,3" mandrel exhaust,470cc injectors,60 mm TB yada yada.

well in that pic its supposed to be flat black but its faded. an those are alloy chevy tahoe wheels.. but i see what u mean

p1000454oa1.jpg

thats the pic from blue lake 07... u can see her a little better now, i painted it for canby and the rain ruined my paint so i've started sanding the front.. so its kinda faded grey looking again.. the avatar was before the paint job so its a slimilar greyish

AND NO ONE WAS NICE ENOUGH TO TAKE MY FREE OLD FRONT BRAKE SETUP.. everything there even the master cylinder

Very good results. At first I was thinking you might be running in the upper teens. Maybe 18psi on a T3/04 hybrid to get those kind of numbers. The bigger turbos are far more efficent in the lower boost range. With a stock turbo at 13psi I would have been lucky to even have 240 whp.

300 foot pounds at 3300 rpm! .... yikes ....

If you get a ruler and draw a line through it, it's more of a straight line with a small peak on it. This could be from several factors like boost, intake runner length and valve timing coming together at that RPM to add their effects together.

Torque is essentially very flat from 3,200 to almost 5,700. A dead flat torque band will see an engine that doubles it's hp with every doubling of it's RPMs.