1970 Fairlady Z project

Bleach

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Please, shave the door handles on the 350... they are the only thing that look out of place on that beautiful car.

I agree to a point. They're not so bad. I will consider that only if I'm faced with needing to repaint the whole car. For now I'll throw some stickers on the fenders and get an annoyingly loud exhaust. :P

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...
Guest DatsuNoob
I agree to a point. They're not so bad. I will consider that only if I'm faced with needing to repaint the whole car. For now I'll throw some stickers on the fenders and get an annoyingly loud exhaust. :P

Put a big, dumb wing on it, and yeah... cover the fenders with stickers so it goes faster! Did you know they add up to 20 more hp? :D

I know of 2 RHD Z's. The guy lives right down the street from where I work.

http://www.mdzclub.org/profile.cfm?profile_id=2

I met that guy once. He was up here in Washington where he bougth that Z31 RHD. There is a RHD 280ZX for sale in Oregon right now... but I'm not sure I want to start another project.

Bleach what condition is the paint in? In your sig it looks semi shiny & maybe it can be buffed out. How much change did you find ? :D

The paint is really bad and the car has rust and body damage. That is the good side, and its only shiny because it was still wet in the pic :mellow:

Had no idea from your sig that thing was rhd. Let me know if you need any parts. I have tons of z parts.

:D I'm not one of those guys who calls their LHD 240Z a "Fairlady" just to be cool. It really is a Fairlady :blink:

A couple of the parts I need are specific to 1970 (early Z stuff) or maybe 70-71 only in order to be correct. What year 240Z parts do you have?

center console...?

Not sure on the console, Have to check. Do have tons of drivetrain stuff though. Refresh my memory on the early console. Is that the one with the Plastic sliding top behind the ebrake. or is it just open?

• 1 month later...

Id be interested in seeing the process of having it media blasted and painted etc.. I am about to go at my 510 and I have a bit of rust to clear up and a half assed primer job from the previous owner. So I would liek to see what steps are necessary to do it right.

Good luck with the build, cant wait to see the progress.

im dong a customers 65 falcon. its getting blasted. basically, take everything apart (i mean everything) then take everything to the blasters, and i one week the car is perfect bare metal, and put on a coat of epoxy primer on the whole thing and start from new. repair the metal parts after its primers, so in the mean time the rest of the car does rust away. got any questions i can start a thingy in how to if requested. sorry for the hyjack bleach.

why not?? its worth it dont ya think? its not like u see a rhd Z every day.. ok well maybe YOU DO but for the rest of us they're rare.. IMO i'd try to do it Right the first time.. not sayin u gotta spend alot.. but i think in the long run you'll be alot happier with the out come.. not to mention everyone thats going to be drooling over it.. hell i drooled on it when it was in your garage all dusty an rusty haha