Considering selling my silver 510

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

If you still have car, please bring to canby, would love to see. were you planning on going to the show this year?? Ty

Don't think i'll be making it up to canby with the car.

Anyways, what most folks would like to see. Some updated photos. Kind of slow on the responses and posting right now as I'm kind of in the middle of moving things around. So patience. :thumbup:

DSC000141.JPG

DSC000132.JPG

DSC00015.JPG

DSC000121.JPG

DSC00018.JPG

Alright, so let me clear up some frequent questions and whats going on with the car. Mechanically the car is great, likely needs a bit of a tune up, fresh oil, carbs tuned and to be driven. It could use some new tires, the current ones I believe are over 10 years old. This car hasn't been driven on a road in roughly two years. Why? Nothing is wrong with it, totally drivable but it lives a ways away from my home so it isn't easy to just hop in it and drive it around. I feel bad letting it sit but i'm just not in the Datsun mood these days. Almost hesitant to let it go even though I feel bad letting it sit and go to waste.

So, will it make the trip to where ever you live? Based on that it has sat with little movement other than driving around a yard, I don't think so. I'd advise it being hauled or transported.

Being that it hasn't been garaged for a bit over a year and lives with a cover on a few spots have been weathered, mainly the engine bay which is very dirty. Other wise there are cob webs and other small things that just need some cleaning. Back seat materal has started to fade (damn cheap material). Other wise the interior survived very well and oher areas

• 3 weeks later...
  • 10 months later...
Gensaiken: Still have the drain? One of my dimes had a similar-sounding problem (bout 1980?). Used to diconnect the battery by unplugging red solenoid wire in the engine bay next to the starter (pain in the ass, but better than battery cable). Then one cold morning, noticed rear defrost had melted lines on rear glass, even tho not "on". Disconnected defrost @ glass, never drained again. Worth checkin out, perhaps.

Anyway, beautiful ride, glws.

Paul.

NOOB, not "new"

Didn't the rear defrost only come on 73s?

Yes, it was only available on the last year of the 510. I don't have rear defrost.

It is pretty easy to just disconnect the battery if I know its going to sit for more than a day or two. If I ripped out some of the electronics I had installed it would likely get rid of the drain (stereo and alarm).

I wanted this car then and still want this car. This would round out my Datsun cars. I have a z car, a 67.5 Roadster and this is the last of the Datsun that I want. Bad timing, just bought a Porsche 944 Turbo. Can I make payments please? Is the price still the same?

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.