Greiggy's '78 Aussie 620

• Replies 499
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

I had the same thought myself, trying hard to stay away from turbo yet I still want to run with my mate's 1JZ-GTE Hilux, GSRman on Performance forums. From what I've been able to find the V8, VH41/45?, seem to be cheaper then late SR20s.

happyyy new years to all you guys over there!!!

someone at my new years party reconded i should go a 4.1 or 4.5 L nissan V8. so should be interesting to see what comes of it ;)

Hey Greiggy, just be careful, make sure you do some measuring first, as I know of a guy throwing a VH41 into a 260c and he is having issues with steering clearances (i.e. custom steering components).

Still, for some reason I'm always a fan of nissan/toyota V8's in utes. Maybe a toyota 1UF might be worth considering as well, tuff motors and some came with forged pistons standard.

• 5 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

well i dont have an update as such for you guys... however in the next few weeks i shall have a plethora of them for you !!

new motor has been chosen, got my guy hunting one down atm...

got Cruzn620 hunting my speedo and tacho down for me from over there, as well as a heap of suspension parts from rock auto.

also planning to order a nice PWR intercooler to go in the front as well, once i get my quote back for getting it custom made.

if everything goes to plan, motor and everything should be installed and running within a month or 2 i hope.

im currently having trouble finding someone who will do the paint and panel on it though :( so might have to be a home jobbie unfortunately....

will have some pics for you all when its day time.

Got quoted 6 - 10K AUD to get the paint and panel work done!!

im going to talk to another place next time im in the big smoke ( i live about 20 mins west of our next major town)

im sorry its not a major update as such... but its interesting to see how its progressed, from when i posted it up!

DSCF2022.jpg

DSCF2021.jpg

DSCF2012.jpg

and my old 620 that has been sold to the new owner... he needs to fix a few things then its all done and ready to be collected

DSCF2014.jpg

• Like 1

here are some long awaited pics!! sorry they are from my phone.. been on holidays and havent had a chance to nip into work to get batteries.

note the young fellow with mop hair is my younger brother... he is a champion doing most of my fabrication work and stuff i generally cant do ( which is lots!!)

01042008001.jpg

01042008002.jpg

01042008003.jpg

best way to buy an engine.. in a half cut.. that way you know your not missing anything !! we heard this run when we were looking at buying.

here it is out of the donor s13 and at our place awaiting installation...

05042008001.jpg

05042008002.jpg

and the clutch combination to run the whole setup :D exedy H/d Brass button.

05042008003.jpg

i will have pictrues of the turbo when it arrives from the dealer... we are just waiting on a compressor housing to be modified and smoothed out.

post up some comments... i love to hear them !!!

thanks

• 2 weeks later...

DSCF2038.jpg

DSCF2037.jpg

DSCF2036.jpg

new turbo... GT2871R .86 rear ex housing. had the compressor cover modified for a 3" inlet rather then the traditional 2 bolt inlet arrangement.

DSCF2033.jpg

DSCF2032.jpg

DSCF2031.jpg

nearly full set of gauges. forgot to get fuel gauge but itll be on its way soon enough.

designing a dash now, and also waiting on my intercooler to arrive so i can get the front modded and ready for the panel shop.

• 1 month later...