Supercharged A15 in Datsun 1200

ggzilla

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Ernie has run it in the 1/8 mile drags, but not yet in the 1/4 mile.

Today was just on a back road. It has 8,000 RPM valvetrain, twin Weber 32/36, Nitrous, and a Mercedes Kompressor.

Ice, it doesn't feel quite as fast as your SR20DET 510, but pretty close...

Hahaha...I will have dual weber 32/36 carbs soon on my 620....what did he use as a jetting profile on the Webers (primary/secondary & idles)?

That super charger is something else.. :D

Ay Chihauhau! It's tiny, but Mighty.

This is a local 1200, Ernie's twin-weber downdraft A15 engine, now with supercharger:

19225.jpg

hey Aaron you should do that for your top secret project your talkin about. :D

sweet setup by the way!

SHHHH!! Don't say anything!! :eek:

:lol: I just couldn't ...not... talk about it. Well, it WAS secret untill I posted that pic. Oh well. :D

I can't wait...looks like next week.

Cheap... very cheap. It has a used Mercedes blower, Mustang pulley, home built brackets and airbox, Datsun 411 rear axle. "Lincoln-locker" no-slip differential. If you do the work yourself, it doesn't cost much. If you pay a professional it will cost a fortune.

The forged pistons may be the single most expensive part of this setup. Otherwise the A15 short block is stock, as I understand. Perhaps Ernie will tell us more...

[From last winter:]

I run one NOS and one Fuel nozzle right into the intake between the two carbs.

I have only ran the car on an 1/8th mile track at 9 second before the supercharger...

I am running a electric fuel pump that pushes 8-10 pounds of pressure which seems to work fine.

The blower is a screw type and it does look like an eaton. Not sure if it really is. You can google them on ebay. They run about $450. It is clutch drive so I installed a switch on the dash.

It has two fuel pumps in line, for double the fuel pressure.

Edited by ggzilla

That's really cool, I seen a sim set up on a s13 but its just so much sweeter seeing it on a datsun. Thank you for sharing ggzilla :-). Cant wait to find out more.

Correction, they are 36/36, not the 32/36.

Jetting: 140 on all bores (up from 120 pre-supercharged)

18026.jpg

Detail photo of carbs

for the mani did he just weld up the original one and weld on 2 new mount to the runners?

Guest jaimesix
Correction, they are 36/36, not the 32/36.

Jetting: 140 on all bores (up from 120 pre-supercharged)

18026.jpg

Detail photo of carbs

Gzilla, is this the same 1200 that I have seen years ago ( through the internet...) with dual downdraught set up???

I always thought about a dual downdraught set up, specially for Datsuns with clearance problems ( DCOEs hitting the brake booster and such )

What are the details of this manifold? I want to make a dual downdraught manifold for an L series and for an A series.

Jaime.____________________________________________________