Finally F10 Fotos.

I've posted a few times I pulled a dead F10 out of the weeds, but without pics, you probably figured it was sort of an imaginary friend type F10.

3354709752_e165d9dff1_o.jpg

The little cutie as found last summer. Yeah, that's a big ol' quarter panel dent. If you think it looks bad, try the rear view:

3354731882_05f72e3fb5_o.jpg

You may not be able to see the rust holes under the rear window and F10 badge, but they are there. Lichens growing on the back window and molding. How could I resist?

Home from the hunt. Rust holes along the bottom of the hatch show up a little better. Those green things in the background are John Deere combines - all from the 1970s, so the '77 F10 fits right in.

3353873951_ef8731f235_o.jpg

Off camera are 5 or 6 other Datsuns waiting to welcome the F10. 510s, 1200, '79 200SX.

I made an effort to post my F10, to draw attention to jnec510's F10 plight: http://forum.ratsun.net/showthread.php?t=9552&page=4 He has the better looking wagon and needs to find a new home for it quickly. Anybody down there able to save it from the knackers?

Len

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest jaimesix

That is a very cool Datsun. Excellent find. Good suspension, lowering, and nice fat wheels/tires makes this Datsun a winner.

Very cool!!!

Jaime.______________________________________________________

I expected to get laughed off of Ratsun after posting pics of not just an F10, but the ugly body style F10, and in poor condition too. I couldn't let it go to the crusher. I'm in hog heaven today. The lost title/transfer of ownership form came in yesterday's mail, and I submitted to the Dept of Licensing in the afternoon. The PO is teaching school in Saipan (an island near Japan; I had to look it up), and it took almost a month to get the form back. So now I feel better about dumping a little money into the car. I had it running last year and did a couple of short road tests. I even got going fast enough to shift into 5th gear. The engine oil had a lot of gas in it (yes I changed oil as soon as I noticed). I'm hoping that was from someone trying to get it started, pouring gas down the carb, and it didn't actually run that way. Engine should be clean inside, as long as they didn't clean the bearings out too. Also, there were a few weird electrical gremlins, but it is an old Datsun, so no surprise there.

mikko1200 - I've heard there is an F10 wagon at a wrecking yard here in Washington state, not too far from me. I keep trying to get over there to see it. If you need parts, I can check on what the car has. Are you looking for really nice parts for a restoration, or just parts that will work? Send me a list of what to look for.

Len

Guest jaimesix
omg that car is ugly.

That car is cool. Looks ugly because of those mosquito dorky big wheels.

That car needs smaller diametre wheels, and more rubber. Lowered, and it changes a lot.

On the contrary, that poor F-10 has been raised , on thin large diametre wheels that look like stilts, its owner is ridiculing that car with those wheels and tall suspension.

Jaime.___________________________________________________

Guest jaimesix

You got yourself a parts car? That is cool.

Have you seen it? Sometimes people consider a car a parts car, when in reality it is a good car with some need of repair. Perhaps the seller has no interest in fixing it, but it is not beyond repair.

Jaime._____________________________________________________

That looks to me like the same car that sold on eBay recently - 260368911898 , but maybe they are different. Maybe some of you Cali guys will see it puttin around down there. Shouldn't be hard to catch the thing and tell the new owner that Ratsun is where the F10 crowd hangs.

Len

363286221_1edd814d29.jpg

Smokin!

Rob - Any idea the story on this car? Twin WHAT? I'm really curious. Japan car show? I'd love to see more shots of it.

I found this F10 blog someone put up: http://datsunf10.blogspot.com/2009_01_01_archive.html (Note there are a couple of pages). He has some info on trying to pass smog in Calif that might be of interest to anyone living there.

Len

Edited by LenRobertson
Typed wrong name.
Guest jaimesix
Rob - Any idea the story on this car? Twin WHAT? I'm really curious. Japan car show? I'd love to see more shots of it.

I found this F10 blog someone put up: http://datsunf10.blogspot.com/2009_01_01_archive.html (Note there are a couple of pages). He has some info on trying to pass smog in Calif that might be of interest to anyone living there.

Len

F10s were sold overseas as Datsun Cherry, if I am not wrong.

Check this out:

http://www.ozdat.com/ozdatonline/featurecars/Cherry/cherry.html

cool racing F-10

Jaime._________________________________________________________

No story,it was posted on a random flickr page. It was tagged as a Datsun cherry F-11. Spotted it when I was searching for images of a Datsun Cherry restoration in the UK that was really cool. Sadly I can't find the restoration page.