68 Wagoon of DOOM!

I'm sure most of you guys have seen this wagon on CL the last 8 months. We talked him down to a price we felt was fair and picked it up. Very very solid, but full of more rat shit than you could imagine!!! We spent 4 hrs cleaning it, which required stripping the interior and headliner. The car has NO rust wholes :D The major problem with the body is someone thought it would be a good idea to "flare" the rear fender wells with pliers :( It's just metal though, anything can be fixed :D Here are some pics of the car.

wagoon%20019.JPG

wagoon%20020.JPG

wagoon%20021.JPG

wagoon%20022.JPG

wagoon%20023.JPG

wagoon%20024.JPG

wagoon%20025.JPG

wagoon%20026.JPG

wagoon%20027.JPG

wagoon%20028.JPG

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Looks like it was at Paulos forest :D Amazing how a good scrub makes them look in good shape. Jeff, i bet that car wash manager loves you guys :lol: What are the plans?

Frank is the car wash dude, that's why every car is so clean. Car washes are awesome when you have unlimited time :D

Took you guys forever at that car wash. In the begining pics the sun is out, not so much toward the end.

4 hrs!!!!

2eDeYe;175593']Did you guys pick that up for me? You shouldn't have' date=' but I'll be over to pick it up when it's all finished. :D

What was the 'fair' price if you don't mind me askin?[/quote']

We paid 300$ which for the shape it was when we picked it up was a little high. Give it a few months and she will be worth much more :D

From a 1 to 10 in nasty dirtyness it was a 10!!!! :eek: SO SO much rat shit! Which to us makes 300 kinda spendy :D

Not sure if I'm jealous or not...I want to be:unsure:. Judging by the "custom" hitch and front push bar that car probably has a colorful history. You probably don't want to know. Looks like a pretty good starting point - I think you guys did OK. Let's see more pics. What's the game plan?

...of . DOOOOOM !

the F bumper matches the flares nicely :blink:

Thats what I thought :D

since it's been sitting for 22 years, how many miles on the odometer, it should be a low mileage goon. nice score...

Yeah all the doors have tight hinges.

Not sure if I'm jealous or not...I want to be:unsure:. Judging by the "custom" hitch and front push bar that car probably has a colorful history. You probably don't want to know. Looks like a pretty good starting point - I think you guys did OK. Let's see more pics. What's the game plan?

That's what I thought to, an okay price but not a screaming deal. You know how projects go though, one trip to the parts store and your total project investment doubles :eek:

The game plan will be reviled as the project evolves :D The Doom is soon to come :D