All Activity

This stream auto-updates

1. Past hour
  2. You of course are familiar with the bill of attainder concept, A non-judicial declaration of guilt and imposition of punishment,[prohibited by the US Constitution. Don't know if Great Britian or Canada has equivalent prohibition,] My ancestors {Mac Donalds] in England and Scotland were the most attainted group ever! That is what the Gulf of Tonkin and recent mid East "wars' were, a declaration of guilt and imposition of punishment , A declaration of blanket immunity would be a similar travesty of justice. An approximation of this exists in immunity for prosecution for debates on the floor of congress or arrest of Congress members while the Congress is in session which leads some members to quitely and show up late for opening sessions.
  3. Well I took valve cover off found TDC but when I inserted oil pump into engine I kept Getting tang to be at 12:00 o'clock position instead of 11:25 as shown in your picture. Now when I turn engine over I'm not getting sparks to plugs. Cranks but does not fire. Would being off that little bit cause sparks not to fire. I couldn't get the 11:25 position because when you line up the oil hole to small pin hole on side of shaft it needs to be in a straight line and when I put pump into engine it kept hitting the 12:00 o'clock spot. Would that keep the engine from not firing? The distributor is brand new along with spark plug wires, coils, plugs. Any ideas whats happening?
  4. Went to the house to crank the 70 Sedan, forgot I took the chip out and hid it so no one could steal her. Finally realized it so went over to the shelf and took the rotor from under a bag and put it in and Wala she cranked. Then took her for a well deserved drive. Now to get someone to tap the starter in the 72 Sedan while I turn on the key to get her to start. My first day of retirement and digging it with my 510's.
  5. Today
  6. If you or I had said we could go down town and kill someone with impunity we would just laugh it off. Trump is in, sorry, was in a position of extreme power. In fact he's trying to seek a SCOTUS ruling that gives him blanket immunity for all and any crimes committed in office. Now I can see the killing of a person who was a threat to the US, such as Bin Laden but a random American? Scary but he may actually believe his own bullshit making him doubly dangerous and that's not funny. His statement was not obviously funny but at least disturbing. People in high places must choose their word carefully. If he thinks this about his followers and if they would allow him to say that then they are all deranged. I looked up the definition of figure of speech and cannot find one of the examples that fit this.
  7. Was told by an auto tech college that they no longer teach 'rust work' by getting into cab corners and rocker panels. Alfred State College everyone! I am running out of places to try around here to have this work done. Sad state, pretty soon no hotrod/classic body shop will know how to do floor boards. Unreal!
  8. No Mike, I didn't hear anything about exculpatory evidence or argument for his innocence. Produced by American Greatness, The vid's a compilation of the right's propaganda machine. The left machine is producing the same rotten bias shit for their sheaple. Democracy ends when ill-informed Americans are electing the best movie producer.
  9. Clock and other accessories.
  10. I wonder what distributor that is on this?
  11. Probably true of almost all Datsuns but I'll stick to the 71B here.... The slaves and the masters all push about the same amount of fluid and move the clutch arm the same amount... 1.18" at the slave. This is important because the clutch arms are all the same so there is a narrow range of motion or the release bearing. If the diaphragm fingers are too tall the release bearing will be up against them even with the pedal all the way up. Pressure plate will not be clamping the disc fully, and there is slippage. On the other hand if the diaphragm fingers are lower the release bearing won't travel far enough to fully release the clutch disc and hard shifting and synchro damage will result. The release collar is the variable to allow for longer or shorter finger heights. The sweet spot measured from the flywheel surface, back past the diaphragm fingers, past the release bearing and to the very back of the collar* I found is 89.4mm. I wrote the link down 15 years ago but it's dead now. Much later someone on the realm said 92mm so... pretty close. *I believe it's the back of the collar and not the two wings that the clutch arm contacts. Maybe someone withj their transmission could measure the bearing collar and bearing and the diaphragm finger heights and add them. Is it near 89.4mm or 92mm???
  12. Its meaning was in the context of the discussion. The premise has no logical foundation because it was a pointed joke about how blindly loyal his supporters are. It wasn't meant to be taken seriously.
  13. Got farther today, about 2 minutes. Someone tell me, amongst all the whining did anyone ever say he was innocent?
  14. The teeth are called fingers and they can be shaped differently and look different, but when bolted down to the flywheel, they could end up the same height. Speculating of course, but I have seen this. So bolt it up with the disc and compare the finger depth that way.
  15. ..........of course you did..............."Liberals & TDS cases................you won't like it..........." You made my point EXACTLY!! 🤭😏
  16. Quote - "just add any aftermarket ECU" If you need to supply the ECU, it doesn't seem worth it. EZefi or FiTech would be easier.
  17. Could be the one really interested bidder laying down suppressing fire. He/she could be saying - back off, this is mine. So yeah, could be good or bad.
  18. While taking the Goon on a ride I stopped at my musician friends body shop to see if he could help me with the Bo Bo on the rear driver's side that got rear ended way back and is slightly squatting and the back door is tight. He plays guitar and bass so you know where this may go.
  19. Except he hasn't, so what is your logical support for your premise that it no longer represents a figure of speech? You are making the determination and the equivocation.
  20. I have a Z22 head for you if you want it. PM if interested and I can get pictures.
  21. Probably muffler or tail pipe. Give it a really hard shake. Climb on the rear bumper and bounce it up and down and jump off. The car should stop before you hit the ground. Have someone do it while you look.
  22. Clean the screw contacts on the fuse box. There are 4 that are tied together on the side with the Black (from battery), White (to ignition switch) and Red/Green (to headlights) All 15 amp fuses. Probably corroded. As described this should not be happening. Your ignition switch is allowing the ignition to work but not the starter. This would not happen from the tail light switch being properly connected to the switch. There is a power wire from the battery to the fuse box, the ignition and the headlights. Turning the headlights on would draw a lot of power possibly dropping the power (voltage) to the ignition and why the ignition quits when they are turned on. It shouldn't. Do you have a test lamp or volt meter? Try pulling the small Black/Yellow wire off the starter solenoid and make sure it's got good contact.
  23. Zackly. This is a really interesting year. $1,000 per contempt is not nearly enough. Should be a day in jail for each with Bubba for a cell mate. Trump in court having to listen to witnesses testifying to all his grossness is almost punishment enough. Well, almost. My schadenfreude is really kicking in. Looking forward to OD-ing
  1. Load more activity

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.